Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hola!

Hola!
This week has gone by so fast! As always was so busy! We go to teach via Skype on Monday twice. They are both members one is from Mexico and the other one is from Honduras. It was so fun and they were so nice even though they couldn't even understand our Spanish. We had a really good devotional on Tuesday  the speaker was Elder Evans from the seventy. He is over the missionary department. At first I thought his topic was strange because it was about families and revelation but it was so good!
For gym time one of my companions likes to play volleyball. We go with her but most of the time just watch. Let me tell you how hilarious it is. Every time the ball goes out of bounds a few people will be like "what oh sweet i have time to do some quick exercises". For example: Ball goes down the court, lets do some pretend jump roping. Oh time to switch positions, better do 10 crunches. Someone hit the ball way far, I got time for a few push up and I have to make sure to clap my hands in between so everyone knows how athletic I am! Anyways I hope you can all imagine how great this truly is.

This week we started teaching our two new investigators Marley (Hermana Bryce) and Felipe (Hermano Mace). Its been super difficult but good. Hermano Mace is the best teacher ever! He is so funny and energetic and just great! We had a really good lesson with him on Wednesday night about prayer. On Thursday we had our second lesson with Felipe.....We planned to talk about Christs life and we got through part of it but then we just went off on something different because we felt like thats what he needed to hear the most. I was talking about prayer and shared and experience and my testimony of pray so of course I was crying...a lot...one of my companions was as well and Felipe was a little watery in his eyes too! At the end of the lesson he said the prayer and it was precious and we all cried more. After our district had a discussion about the plan of salvation and we all were crying because it was just so good and the spirit was so strong.
I had to take a nice language assessment test yesterday.....hardest most frustrating thing. It was on the computer and a question would pop up like "You just had a lesson with an investigator about the restoration. What invitation are you going to give him?" Then I had to answer the question and it would record my voice and then I had to listen to it! And I got tons of hard questions like "Discuss the differences between The Book of Mormon and The Bible." What? In Spanish?? Lets just say I said a lot of umm...... eh..... and long pauses. I'm sure who ever listens to mine wont even understand anything but oh well.
 
On a spiritual note here is a quote i love by Thomas S. Monson. "Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. In order to be tested, we must sometimes face challenges and difficulties. At times there appears to be no light at the tunnel's end- no dawn to break the nights darkness... If you find yourself in such a situation, I plead with you to turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face." From the time I have been gone I have realized how many weaknesses I have and they are so clear. I have been very humbled. I know that if we truly turn to our Father in Heaven with faith and a humble heart He will help us turn our weaknesses into strengths.
I love being on a mission!
I love you all!!!!


  -Hermana Gunnell
My district working so diligently.
We all have one word we say a lot. Me: ehh. Hermana Westover: Anyways. Hermana Jeaneau: Horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment