Saturday, February 22, 2014

Travel Plans

It has been a marvelous week. on Sunday I was filled with the spirit! We had a great Relief Society by Bonnie Oscarson. Her talk was sooooo good! I learned so much and had a even greater desire to be the best missionary as possible. Then for devotional it was so special. We had the UVU choir come and sing with us and guess who was presiding the meeting.....Elder Holland!! What so cool! He only said a few words and introduced his son President of UVU Matthew Holland. His talk was about Joseph Smith and it was amazing! I learned so much about Joseph's early life that I had no idea about. For the Closing hymn the MTC choir and the UVU choir sang praise to the man.......I was blown away at how powerful the spirit was in that moment. I was glad that I got to be a part of it!
During one of our lessons with Felipe early in the week we were sitting there teaching him and it was kind of a quiet moment and my throat made the weirdest sound....One of my companions started laughing so hard and I started to as well. It was so bad we just laughed and laughed and cried. It was uncontrollable and i felt so bad. haha but it was also hilarious. I love the MTC I laugh so much i cry and i also cry so much because the spirit is always so strong here. On Thursday we had another lesson with Felipe and we gave him a church tour. I'll be honest and admit that i wasn't so prepared for the lesson so i thought it wasn't to go that great. My companion took the lead and talked most of the time which was great because i didn't really know what to say. We ended with the sacrament room and as soon as i walked through the door i felt the spirit overcome me. We sat on a bench and had him read one of the sacrament prayers....I was overwhelmed in that moment with love. I couldn't stop crying. For some reason I knew more than ever that moment that God loves me so much and has a plan for me and the Jesus Christ is my Savior. It was incredible. I shared my testimony with Felipe and i knew that he could feel it too and it was great. I literally cried the rest of the night for almost a good 3 hours. I just didn't care I felt filled with so much love and gratitude for my Savior and Redeemer. I read a talk by President Monson that night as well. I love our Prophet. He truly is a man of God. The talk is "I will not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee." It is so powerful. I invite you all to read it if you haven't and to read it again if you already heave. I loved the poem he quoted that says, 
Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger wind, the stronger trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow."

I love it so much. It is so true. Please read the talk. I know you will learn from it and it will benefit your life if you do.
I am so excited!!! I leave on March 3. We fly to Colorado, then to Huston, and then to Veracruz!!! Our first flight is at 8 something and we get to Veracruz at 10:30. All day ya...... So fun! 

Want to hear something kind of embarrassing.... ok i though so. When I was feeling the spirit really strong in the chapel and was crying and baring my testimony i said, "Yo se que Jesucristo es me hombre." for those who don't know spanish i said i know that Jesus Christ is my man. oops. but don't worry i quickly corrected my self so all is well.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful to be a missionary!

-Hermana Gunnell

http://youtu.be/kpKAQacDkFo (Trisha's embarrassing moment made me think of this lovely Byrds song)
http://youtu.be/uSzjbYomSWA (or watch it performed on one of the greatest TV shows of all time!)



Trisha's suitcase broke, so her mom got permission to meet her with a new one on p-day.




No comments:

Post a Comment