Monday, July 7, 2014

Labor of Love...

Happy Birthday land of the free home of the brave! (im going to be so patriotic when i come home....maybe). This fourth of July for me was a special one because we got to have a conference with President Greer and Hermana Greer. They truly are the best!!! They are so loving and kind to all of us :D We couldnt think of anything super american to do that day but we couldnt think of anything. Hugging an American (hna Greer) was good enough for me!
This week was the last one in this transfer and it feels like these past six weeks have gone by so fast! The leaders told us that the misión is closing the área 5 de mayo that we are in so we have been canceling the house contracts and all of that fun stuff....but at the same time the leaders are not 100% sure so we really have no idea whats going on. Transfers are tomorrow but we still havent recieved the call telling us whats going on. Most probably is that im going to a different place but ill let you all know next week!
We had a baptism yesterday and it was truly such a special thing! Verania was so excited and so nervous for her baptism because she has been waiting for it for 9 months.We were joking saying how it is like a pregnancy and now after 9 months she is going to have a new life haha. Her mom even got all dressed up for the service and so many Ward members also came! The Young women had 2 special songs for her and hna black also sang a solo! Verania had a Young man in the Ward (her boy) baptized her:) I was crying a lot by the end of it.
I have decided that i love/hate transfers. I love the change but i hate that i have to say good bye to so many people i love and care about! At church yesterday Lucia, a recent convert that me and hna Figueroa taught, brought me flowers and she was so sad... Then after the baptism Little Luna came up to me and was bawling trying to say good by to me....:( That was so hard. I started crying so hard i could barely breath and she would hug me and let go and then hug me again because she doesnt want me to leave and i dont want to leave her. I think of her as my Little sister and i just feel so much love for her that i cant explain. Im so grateful that I got to know her and that she will forever be a part of my life but i feel so sad that i have to leave her and i dont know if or when i will ever see her again:,( I hope it will be someday soon! Im not looking forward to saying goodbye to verania tonight :/ Why is saying goodbye so hard?
The work of the Lord is a Labor of Love... Its not easy but it is so rewarding!
I love being a missionary:)
I love  you all be happy!
-Hermana Gunnell



Verania :)

No comments:

Post a Comment