Monday, July 20, 2015

Bitter sweet...

I really cant believe that 18 months have gone by..... Its bitter sweet.
It still doesnt seem real to me yet. I still can remember so clearly getting of the airplane thinking "i dont know spanish...how am i going to survive here?" haha.
Its been a long journey full of beautiful experiences that have impacted me forever. After 5 areas, 11 companions, and 18 months, I can say that im not the same fragil girl that i once was. It truly has been unforgetable:)
There are sooooo many things that i will miss such as: The cocacola, all of the delicious food, taxis that honk at us every five seconds and drive crazy, the sick dogs in the street que me dan asco, ¡los cerros!, the heat and humidity, la musica, los burros, que me dicen guera siempre, hablando en español siempre, la horchata, los voladores, todo papantla, tajin, los hormigas y cucarachas, los baños haha, fútbol, la playa, la ropa, el cultura, la gente bien buena, y pues la vida latina. But what im going to miss most is being able to meet new people everyday and share the gospel with them, help them feel a little bit of the love God has for them and help them see the great plan that He has for all of His children. Im going to miss having a nametag that says i represent La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Utlimos Días. Im going to miss having a companion always by my side to help me learn and be obedient. Im going to miss these people that i have grown to love soooo much. The bitter thing is that im going to miss a lot of things. The sweet thing is that ill be seeing my lovely family again. And knowing that as much as i would love to stay here more i know that my work here is done and i feel content about it. I know that this is a new chapter in my life and a change that i need to keep progressing and to become more like my Savior. I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father loves me because i am His hija. That he has a plan for each one of his children. He knows us perfectly. I know that i have great potential. I cant reach it alone but i know that with my Savior at my side i can do all things. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and we can enjoy all of the blessing here in the earth thanks to a young boy who put His faith in God and trusted him comletely, and restored the gospel to its fullest. im feel extremly gratefull for all of the blessings i have in my life and the God keeps blessing me even when i mess up. This truly has been one on the greatest blessing. Being able to help others come unto Christ also helped me go to him. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ more than words can express. I love this gospel and i love living it. :)
I share these things in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

See you soon!

-Hermana Trisha May Gunnell

pd. ¡Hasta luego México! Te voy a extrañar mucho...

-la mejor mamá galleta.:) la amo mucho!

-so tempted to jump in haha

-enjoying the delicious wind :)

-disfrutando la vida!

-Mary Chui :)

-Selfie.... last tacos :,(

-100% Papanteca

1 comment: